Responsible for business systems analysis and applications development activity for a specific business unit or for a specific business initiative. Acts as a liaison between programming development teams and the client to define detailed specifications that effectively meet client needs and application design goals. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
TheSpecialist Level establishes operational objectives and assignments. Objectives
are reviewed by senior management to determine success. Manages tasks of
multiple functions through supervision of costs, methods, and staff. Prepares
status reports, assures time line compliance, assesses risks, and recommends
solutions. Provides direction to project team members and appropriate communications
to customers. Requires4-6 years of related work experience and Bachelor’s degree, or technical
training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience
desired in various types of projects. Business Systems education or experience
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews client users and develops business
requirements for the application that is to be built. Works with customer to
determine desired outcomes, status, and approaches.
- Collaborates with programmers and subject matter
experts to establish the technical vision and analyze usability and performance
- Communicates the technical specifications of the
application to the user, converting the technical specifications into common
business language, understandable by the business user.
- Plans, conducts and executes acceptance testing and
quality assurance activities to ensure that business requirements are being
- Reviews business-critical operational requirements for
reliability, scalability, flexibility and availability.
- Creates and tracks status of project schedules. Uses
planning and scheduling techniques focusing on costs, resources, and duration
- Leads and facilitates meetings and workshops as
required. Develops and performs presentations for the project team.
- Designs and documents end user training plans, and
facilitates system training and ongoing production support for users.
- Provides input and prepares reports for the tracking
and monitoring of issues and actions required for on-time project completion.
- B2B Integration experience is preferred
- Special focus on Client to internal application
- ITIL foundation education preferred
- Business workflow of Service systems a plus. Specifically
Help desk and Field management Applications
CompuCom - 21 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...