Job Title: Business Tech and Reporting Senior Specialist
Job ID: 03454
Division : Product Management
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
There are two positions available.
Candidates with SAS (Enterprise Guide and SAS programming), Essbase (administration tool and Excel add-in), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), or SQL preferred.
Experience creating and maintaining information platforms (e.g. databases, cubes, SAS datasets) for department decision-support, automating reports/information processes, and supporting BI technology evaluation and deployment projects preferred.
The Business Technology and Reporting Senior Specialist provides expert business financial knowledge and financial systems knowledge to ensure accurate financial system transaction processing and support managements' need for information. Evaluates, defines specifications, tests and maintains financial transaction processing, reporting and business performance management systems. Manages complex projects as assigned to maintain consistency between business application systems and deliver data to customers.
- Business Performance Management / Financial Reporting (30%)
- Works with all levels of management throughout the company to determine the organization's critical success factors and their drivers.
- Works with I/S to design, test and deliver dashboard systems informing management of critical success factors and their drivers. Defines and tests intelligent systems based on thresholds and variances. Systems may deliver e-mails, warning indicators, stop lights, etc. to bring attention to situations requiring management/executive management decisions.
- Verifies accuracy of critical success factors. Accumulates, organizes, structures and defines calculation of data within Essbase or a similar tool, to accurately and consistently distribute dashboard information regarding corporate critical success factors and their drivers. Information included in analysis and testing comes from varied internal and external sources.
- Participates and leads teams in the effort to select automated tools / products.
- Utilizes information systems and advanced business financial knowledge to create, structure, and calculate databases that are used for expense analysis, quarterly operating reports, profit and growth planning for the entire organization and various analysis projects.
- Technical Management/Advisor (25%)
- Manages complex divisional or corporate projects to support Product Management data efforts. Directs project teams, sets expectations and direction, and builds support with stakeholders. Utilizes corporate or divisional project management processes, tools, and resources.
- Serves as data advisor on complex corporate and divisional projects. Offers expert advice to help drive program decisions. Supplies requirements as needed to maintain accuracy and completeness of data.
- Uses data subject matter expertise to proactively identify opportunities to use data to assist with project decision making and potential impact identification.
- Works with education and strategic communications to train and notify customers to promote data awareness and knowledge as needed.
- Develops processes to enable effective data sharing and exchange of information among business partners and I/S. Recognizes corporate or divisional project impacts and dependencies and works to resolve conflicts or identify opportunities.
- Technical Expertise (20%)
- Trains end users on reporting tools and understanding of data. This includes executive financial competencies, management budgeting competencies, management and peers within the Product Management division.
- Maintains current professional operating knowledge of our financial tools and our financial software. Keeps abreast with current economic and technological developments and evaluates their impact on Company operations and provides recommendations on direction.
- Integrates outside information into our financial databases to provide a basis of comparison and adjusts various planning factors that are affected by outside events.
- Data Analysis & Presentation (15%)
- Works closely with Product Management and business users to understand concepts and develops analytics to meet process and program needs.
- Provides expert consulting to support metrics, reporting, research, and data mining assistance to business partners.
- Locates, acquires, manipulates, transforms, and analyzes data from a multitude of data sources. Develops and supplies reports, analysis, and recommendations to support divisional processes and optimal decision making. Identifies and delivers critical information needed to support key efforts.
- Expert at using and assisting others with using various sophisticated Business Intelligence query and reporting, statistical, transformation, extraction, and presentation tools.
- Develops and assists with maintenance of production report and catalog strategy.
- Elevates areas of concern based on analytical analysis and suggests opportunities for improvement.
- Business Application Systems (10%)
- Maintains high level of knowledge of Product Management business application systems.
- Develops close working relationships with Business Technology counterparts to ensure successful end to end solutions.
- Recognizes potential system opportunities or issues during data analysis and collaborates with Business Technology partners as appropriate.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Quality
- Planning & Organizing
- Process Management
- Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated experience leading/developing/implementing business technology systems, solutions and processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing/leading projects.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and communicating analytical/financial information and findings.
- Demonstrated experience within analytical environments to support financial/business reporting.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of analytic and technical applications; examples might include SAS, Essbase, Stastisca, Visual Basic, Business Objects, SPSS, etc.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
American Family is an innovative and dynamic work environment. With your ability to embrace and drive change, you will be an owner in our mission to become the most trusted and valued service-driven insurance company. To learn more, visit www.americanfamilyinsurance.jobs
We look forward to connecting with you! Connect with us on our Blog: www.amfamcareerblog.wordpress.com, become a fan with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/amfamcareers, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AmfamCareers, or join us as a member of our LinkedIn Group: www.amfam.com/careers/linkedin.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...