Business Tech Services Mgr
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC Service Mgt
Additional Job Details: Full-Time
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you’ll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
The purpose of the Manager Business Technology position is to implement the strategic information technology vision for the Ministry Service Center (MSC) as defined by Sr. Management. The Manager will plan, coordinate, deliver, and support all Business Technology services. Ensure timely and accurate information is provided to staff and clients, and transactions are processed accurately, efficiently, and at a lower cost to the ministry. Manage all relationships with Ascension Health Information Services (AHIS), Symphony and external partners/vendors. Evaluate and address employee and client IT needs and emergent service issues.
Education & Experience:
- Assist the Director Service Management as MSC’s principal representative on Business Technology matters and communicate with Governance Boards, as necessary, to provide updates on MSC’s Business Technology operations and performance; Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Symphony and Ascension Health Information Systems (AHIS) leadership and staff, as well as any external technology vendors.
- Assist in the design, development, and implement, policies and procedures necessary to support the MSC’s information systems and ensure compliance; Assist with the development and maintenance of the strategic vision for Business Technology which is aligned with the vision and mission of the MSC and flexible to adapt to the changing landscape; Prepare MSC’s long range technology business plans and track performance against plans; Support the process of integrating new properties into the MSC environment from a technology standpoint
- Design programs aimed at ensuring that MSC’s business technology platforms are continually up to date; Plan and manage new application rollouts/upgrades and technology infrastructure additions/upgrades; Partner with Ascension Health AHIS in order to coordinate resources to meet current and future health ministry requirements
- Develop, implement and monitor appropriate measures of performance relating to services and costs; Negotiate contracts, manage external technology vendors and consultants as well as with AHIS; Support the Controller and Service Delivery functions by providing technology requirements and cost estimates for strategic initiatives
- Ensure delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding team objectives and managing business technology costs; Plan and define performance goals with team members for departmental operations;
- Manage organizational structure, team member selection, performance management, salary administration, career planning, and budget management, making adjustments as needed to ensure optimal use of human resources within department teams; Create and maintain a positive work environment; Ensure team members are adequately equipped to perform their duties and responsibilities; Provide team members with opportunities for career development; Proactively manage turnover issues
- Work within Business Technology team to establish and maintain assigned processes ensuring they are streamlined, efficient, and compliant; Identify and act upon ways to improve work processes, enhance quality, productivity, and service levels
- Stay abreast of the latest developments, best practices and trends in business and information technology to design appropriate programs aimed at assuring MSC’s processes kept current and appropriate metrics are implemented and monitored
- Universty Degree with major in Information Systems, business administration, related field, or equivilant work experience
- PeopleSoft (or other ERP) experience a plu
- Minimum 5 years experience in the healthcare industry
- Has helped implement the strategic direction of an organization in relation to Information Technology
- Has managed Information Technology processes and policies
- Between 3 - 5 years in a management position, preferably in Information Technology
- Success implementing continuous improvement processes
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
A Member of Ascension Health
- 2 years ago - save job