Business Tech Specialist 2
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC Information Technology
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you’ll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
The Business Technology Specialist 2 serves as a liaison with the Ministry Service Center (MSC) business teams to facilitate continual service improvement projects related to data, reporting and analytics.
Education & Experience:
- Proactively suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Work closely with business partners to understand business functions
- Integration and coordination between business teams and vendors/service providers
- Gather business requirements, create technical requirements and submit requests for services, changes and/or escalation of issues - provide analysis, recommended solution and work with business partners through delivery of resolution of reported issues
- Plan and execute continual service improvement opportunities to enhance overall business process with a focus on increasing efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Remain aware of external technology and related services marketplace developments, best practices and trends
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center, Health Ministries and Associates
- Connect to disparate data sources to pull complex data into SQL data marts
- Responsibilities include designing, prototyping, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining various types web applications. Focus is on client-server code
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with other developers, designers, and marketing personnel
- Ownership of troubleshooting integration issues and escalations end-to-end in coordination with peer IT as applicable and is responsible for bringing closure to issues and/or providing the customer with a resolution
- Experience in documenting, improving processes, creation of proposals/business cases and ability to present content to various audiences
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with applications, client/server infrastructure systems and technology services preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or other regulated industry preferred
- Developing complex SQL queries with stored procedures
- Experience with web/application development tools and languages (e.g. Visual Studio, SSRS, SSIS, C#, ASP.NET) to facilitate role activities
- Microsoft Office suite of products skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Visio and Project)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational/time management, planning and prioritization skills
- Experience with Service Management and/or Shared Services preferred
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
A Member of Ascension Health - 12 months ago