Job Title: Business Technology Testing Specialist
Job ID: 03705
Division : Personal Lines
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 2 years testing experience and strong communication skills
The Business Technology Testing Specialist works with the Personal Lines departments and other divisions to test business application systems that support division and corporate strategies with the overall goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of testing on behalf of Personal Lines. They are accountable for identifying and developing efficient testing processes which will increase the testing value and ensure successful system implementations. They work closely with I/S and other divisions to identify testing opportunities, share the business vision and strategy, and coordinate project testing efforts. Specialists are responsible for designing testing processes that provide the best value to the business.
- Test Methodologies / Processes (25%)
- Provides leadership on the use of the appropriate test methods and test processes needed to address solution requirements in a timely manner while following the development and test workflow for the project.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of business systems and how that applies to testing.
- Designs, develops and communicates innovative application testing techniques, standards and strategies.
- Partners with project team leaders to establish comprehensive solution testing requirements (test scenarios, test cases).
- Researches, evaluates and selects testing tools that yield cost effective and reliable pass/fail results and manage adherence to testing standards and best practices.
- Researches best practices for testing methodologies and automation and integrate best practices into testing processes including automation.
- Test Environment / Data Management (20%)
- Defines and implements test data identification and prepare test data, associated processes and best practices.
- Establishes and executes test data standards to ensure accurate test data and efficient test data collection processes.
- Partners with I/S to define robust testing environments for projects that will support thorough and effective testing practices.
- Advocates and enforces adherence to relevant testing and data quality guidelines including but limited to protecting customer confidentiality.
- Oversees and provides guidance for the selection, preparation and loading of test data for use by testing teams.
- Test Requirements Management (20%)
- Partners with business partners and vendors to develop and implement comprehensive test strategies for new products, new business application systems and business application system changes.
- Manages business application systems testing and post production verification as well as coordinates testing for infrastructure upgrades.
- Designs, implements, and conducts cost-effective risk based, comprehensive test and evaluation procedures to ensure solution requirements (functional and performance) are met.
- Develops and maintains a library of regression scripts and manual test cases for reusability.
- Test Planning / Communication (20%)
- Collaborates with stakeholders to produce and maintain accurate test documentation, including solution test results and test summary reports.
- Manages testing resources and communicate associated expectations and guidelines.
- Develops comprehensive testing plans.
- Organizes testing projects by preparing schedules, cost estimates, and required resources.
- Test Metrics / Reporting (15%)
- Provides detailed defect reporting through formal defect tracking.
- Evaluates and establishes test metrics to improve processes and provide better value to the stakeholder.
- Manages and ensures traceability between requirements and test scenarios.
- Defines and provides metric reporting for testing progress and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and testing of applications.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems of a technical nature.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical documents.
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing tools (i.e. TestPartner, Visual Basic).
- Demonstrated experience working successfully within established standards and processes (i.e. RUP methodologies).
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401 (K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 17 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...