Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, has an opening for a Business Transactions Paralegal.
- Assist with formation of business entities, including checking and reserving entity names, preparing drafts of entity formation documents and registering entities in various States to transact business.
- Assist with closing preparation of various types of transactions; such as residential and commercial real estate, loan and corporate transactions to include preparation of closing documents to include escrow closing instructions and schedule closings.
- Assist n the conduct of transactions by developing closing checklists, review organizational documents and prepare officer's certificates.
- Assist in initial preparation of loan documents for review by attorneys.
- Index, prepare and distribute closing CDs containing all closing documents.
- Prepare and file UCC-1 and Termination Statements.
- Prepare and record various real estate documents.
- Order Lien Searches to consist of State and County UCC's, Federal and State Tax Liens, Pending Suits and Judgments and Bankruptcy Searches.
- Review of Lien Searches and prepare chart itemizing such.
- Order and review third-party closing materials such as title commitments, surveys, payoff letters, paid assessment letters, zoning and EPA Reports.
- Assist with pre-closing due diligence, document organization and distributions.
- Assist with document organization and notarization at closings.
- Organize and maintain document management and retrieval systems, including computerized systems.
- 4 years of transactional experience of corporate and/or real estate and/or loan transactions;
- Experience with UCC filings and title and survey review.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and work effectively under pressure.
- Strong organizational and writing skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines is essential.
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, a generous paid time off policy, pension plan and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
Hinshaw is an EEO/AA employer.