PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Manage key accounting functions for the business unit. Ensure that general ledger transactions and statements are accurate, properly authorized, and in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP). Ensure compliance with governmental processing and reporting requirements and that external reporting is timely and accurate.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
- Manage and develop first and second line managers/supervisors. Develop and implement functional training to provide job growth and ensure technical competence. In concert with the Assistant Controller, establish departmental goals, objectives and set priorities.
- Supervise general accounting functions, ensuring appropriate internal controls, timeliness, accuracy, and adherence to corporate and governmental policy are maintained.
- With the Assistant Controller, supervise the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports to assure that information is accurate and complies with corporate reporting requirements and is in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure timely reconciliation and approval of balance sheet account, appropriate recognition of expense, and timely resolution of balance sheet account issues.
- Provide analysis of field operations and provide support to line management to aid in decision-making and resolve accounting and internal control issues.
- Directly responsible for all activities and controls surrounding the handling of depository cash within the Business Unit through the management of the cash receipt function.
- Working with the Assistant Controller, coordinate the monthly and year-end processing to assure meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Ensure proper and timely filing of sales/use and property tax returns.
- Assist in preparing responses to internal and external auditors, assuring cooperation and timeliness.
- Assure the proper recording of purchase/divestiture entries, proper accounting for managed facilities and joint ventures and those assets in out care are properly managed.
- Develop and maintain procedures and process documentation to implement policy and respond to changed conditions.
- Actively develop recruiting, training and retention strategies to keep an engaged and productive work force. Plan career paths and succession strategies to provide the company with sufficient human resources to meet future demands within area of control.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work as well as interaction with staff at various levels of the organization. Travel to meetings at Area, Regional or Corporate locations may be required.
- Bachelors Degree with major in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA or MACC preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of five years accounting experience with three years supervisory experience.
- Proficient with MS Office products with advanced Excel Skills.
- Knowledge and experience with automate G/L accounting systems, preferably SAP.
- Multi-location experience is desirable.
- Self-starter with an ability to interact with management and staff personnel in field, Business Unit and corporate locations.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...