Responsible for financial reporting, planning and analysis for a specific business unit, division or product. Supports the business by providing financial reporting and analysis to aid business management and gives guidance and advice on accounting issues and the financial implications of business trends. Responsibilities typically include ensuring adequacy of controls, P&L and Balance Sheet reporting and reconciliations. Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinate managers. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationship. College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 12+ years related experience and 4+ years management experience.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in preparing financial institution performance forecasts and / or profitability analyses
- Sound understanding of financial institution risk exposures and related risk management practices and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract, manage, and manipulate large datasets with tools such as SAS
The Director will provide thought leadership and hands-on expertise in the development of processes and tools that will advance Single Family CFO organizational capability to support the achievement of Single Family business objectives. The Director will also satisfy needs of the Single Family business area and the Single Family CFO department in the areas of profitability analysis, profitability drivers, and efficiencies. The Director will help clarify the economic, financial, and soft-benefit impact of various proposed business initiatives and business strategies in a manner that is consistent with industry best practices, organizational operating constraints, and pertinent corporate policies that he or she will be expected to challenge, align, develop, and improve.
- Experience leading a process by which the absolute and relative values of alternative strategies are evaluated and compared through pro forma analyses
- Familiarity with FRE SIG / EIG and CNBI processes
- Familiarity with FRE business model and FRE data environment
Freddie Mac is a shareholder-owned company with an important public mission: to make home possible for more of America's families. To do this, we need smart, creative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a difference in other people's lives as well as their own. We demonstrate our commitment to employees by providing a comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity employer who firmly supports and recognizes the value of diversity. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Freddie Mac - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard