Moorehead Communications, Inc ., dba THE CELLULAR CONNECTION is the largest VERIZON WIRELESS and DISH NETWORK retailer in the Midwest with over 900 distribution points and 300+ corporate locations in 25+ states. Our reputation since 1991 has been built around exceptional service to our customers.
The Business Unit Controller is responsible for the oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting for the business unit. This position will lead and ensure all requirements are being properly controlled in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee all general accounting activities, including preparation, analysis, and reporting of all financial reports within business unit, and implement strategies for improving profitability
- Creation and ownership of financial models to provide forecasts, assess risk, and return on investment
- Maintain sales & use tax, federal and state tax records, compliance, and strategies
- Analyze and report business unit general administrative and payroll expenses, trends, and budgets
- Anthem Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Supplemental AFLAC Disability Insurance
- John Hancock 401(k) Retirement Plans w/ company-match contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Company products discounts & Employee Purchase program
- Excellent advancement opportunities!
We have a fun atmosphere with the advantage of casual dress and an in-house fitness center complete with personal trainer and workout incentives! We are interested in applicants who are seeking a career in a fast-growing industry with a stable company.
To find out more about us, check out our website at:
We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be drug free.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems
MBA & CPA preferred
5+ years of Accounting/Finance Management experience
Prior experience as Controller preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Advanced accounting techniques, reporting, modeling, and software knowledge
Knowledge of standard tax compliance, strategies, and procedures
Strong written and verbal communication and presentation
Organizational, project, and time management skills
Maintain confidentiality with sensitive data
Effective team-oriented leadership, presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills
The Cellular Connection - 10 months ago