Due to continued growth and expansion, we are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to work as a trusted business partner with both our Engineered Polymer Solutions (EPS) and our Automotive Refinish business groups. Our EPS group provides performance based resins and colorants specifically designed for the paint and coatings market through innovative technology, exceptional technical service and customer specific approaches. The Automotive Refinish group delivers best-in-class OEM and custom color matching for the automotive coatings after market through innovative technologies and field support service.
Based in Minneapolis, MN, this position provides an outstanding platform for professional growth as these businesses are highly global. You will:
- Provide strategic and generalist human resources support to both the EPS and Automotive Refinish business unit management teams, commercial sales, technical service and technology organizations.
- Focus primarily on supporting the North America region however will also provide strategic leadership support to global regions as well.
- Work closely with business leaders to determine the people related implications of each group’s long term business strategy and take proactive steps to enable strategy achievement.
- Conduct the annual succession planning process and corresponding action steps.
- Partner with managers to resolve complex human resources problems, questions and concerns.
- Provide guidance to managers on employee relations, talent development and performance management issues.
- Implement employee engagement strategies and tactics based on survey results.
- Manage the annual performance management, rating calibration and salary review process.
- Partner with managers and Valspar’s Talent Management team to develop and implement targeted training and development programs; conduct HR related training sessions as needed.
- Provide project assistance to HRIS functionality integrations and act as HR partner with the business groups.
- Participate in HR related Lean Six Sigma projects as required and attain green belt certification within three years of hire date.
- Participate on company-wide project teams and implement initiatives as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with company programs and policies acting ojectively on compliance remedies.
As the qualified candidate, you will have:
- BA/BS degree in business, human resources or a related field; Masters degree in Human Resources or Business preferred
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred; Lean Six Sigma training or certification a plus.
- 8+ years HR generalist experience with increasing responsibility.
- Active familiarity with talent development programs, succession planning processes and college recruitment programs a plus.
- Solid understanding of compensation philosophy and practices; sales compensation design familiarity a plus.
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with and supporting all employee levels including senior leaders.
- A collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate a “hands-on” style and willingness to engage proactively with managers, directors and vice-presidents.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and demonstrate outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to present information (prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Ability/desire to gain LSS green belt certification, conduct training courses and facilitate group discussions.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Up to 15% travel.
Valspar Corporation - 2 years ago
The Valspar Corporation is one of the largest global manufacturers and distributors of paints and coatings in the $100 billion coatings...