Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Working with Global Corning Life Sciences (CLS) functional owners and regional functional leads to drive IT supply chain systems and technology strategy to drive standardized business solutions at optimal costs to meet business objectives.
- CLS IT key leader for the management of ERP system portfolio and in driving the M&A activities through system deployments
Travel Requirements (please note if international): 30%
- Manage the functional area, business process standardization and ownership: Drive the work of the Business Process Leadership team in facilitating effective business process as it relates to the ERP/PEOPLESOFT system. Drive for Global Process standardization where ever possible. Seek out best practice and drive adoption throughout the global organization. Serve as the global gate keeper for any process/system change
- Maintain strong relationships with business clients within process area (e.g. BPO)
- Assist the Director as the central point of contact of the ERP/PEOPLESOFT governance entity in the assigned functional area; work with the regional business leads and Global Process Owners to ensure process integration and continuous improvement of processes across all ERP-enabled groups globally
- Work with Supply Chain Power User Network to assess business needs and communicate system and process changes
- Integrate with members of the Sustaining Organization
- Work with IT leadership to drive the annual IT initiative planning process for ERP initiatives
- Maintain and develop applicable policies, processes, and procedures together with the IT Director
- Provide regular and accurate status reports to business leadership
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40
Required Education (minimum required for consideration):
Required Years and Area of Experience: (minimum required for consideration):
- Bachelors Degree / Masters Degree preferred
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
- 10-15 years (5-7 years of leadership/managerial)
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess):
- Technical Skills: ERP systems, Planning & Forecasting and BW Application Knowledge. PeopleSoft ERP application Skills
- Detailed business operations
- Business Process Analysis
- Business Strategy Formulation
- PEOPLESOFT Business Process Acumen
- Proven ability to work in and lead a matrix environment
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Organizational Acumen
- Policy Management
- Project Management
- Virtual Team Leadership
- Transformation Management
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Ability and desire to embrace change
- Strong communication skills
- Arbitration, consensus building skills
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...