Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for Business Unit Leaders in our Production facilities . If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in one of our facilities.
By joining the Michelin team, your career opportunities for the future will be varied. A career manager will be assigned to help you manage your career at Michelin.
The Business Unit Leader 's focus is to facilitate the efforts of plant personnel with processing equipment. He or she has responsibility for meeting production, quality, and budget targets. The BUL assumes responsibility for a team of 40 to 70 hourly team members in a manufacturing facility. The process for which the person has responsibility is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation.
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualifications
- Establish and manage day-to-day priorities of the process and direct reports.
- Ensure production and quality goals are met per the plant business plan.
- Establish and manage the cost control budget for area equipment.
- Schedule employee training and work responsibilities such that timely progression to certification is achieved.
- Monitor employee performance, provide guidance, appraise and counsel individual employees to further develop their interpersonal skills and improve performance.
- Provide team communication on company, plant, and department business plan objectives and performance.
- Technical BS degree (ME,ChemE,IE preferred) or equivalent technical background.
- 3+ years of increasing management or supervisory responsibility in a heavy manufacturing environment (automotive, chemical, pulp and paper, textile, etc.) or in a military environment.
Monster - 17 months ago