Barnes Group Inc. has an excellent career opportunity for a Business Unit Manager with the Associated Spring Saline Division in Bristol, CT. We are seeking a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and building collaborative teams, to bring about results. He or she will “lead by example” and act as a proactive liaison between the Division Manager and manufacturing personnel to champion change initiatives. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Lead the Business Unit to meet customer Quality and On Time Delivery requirements, while controlling cost, and maintaining a safe working environment
- Directs the activities of plant operation and manufacturing engineers to achieve plant results.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer’s orders are completed as efficiently as possible, for the least cost, with the highest quality and on time to customer schedules.
- Develop and maintain an effective manufacturing organization through selection, training/development and motivation of the hourly workforce.
- Provide leadership and direction to operation and manufacturing engineering workforce in a manufacturing environment; establishes production and engineering priorities and schedules consistent with unit goals. Train and create a continuous improvement environment where all employees are involved in Kaizen and 5-S activities.
- Responsible for maintaining cost budgets within area of responsibilities (operations and manufacturing engineering).
- Prioritizes and creates work schedules. Directs employees’ work assignments. Sets work hours including overtime hours.
- Responsible for departmental problem solving and trouble-shooting on a day-to-day basis.
- Establish measurements for all functions of the business, monitor compliance and provide feedback to department personnel to improve performance.
- Participate as a team member or leader in cross functional business improvement initiatives
- Proven track record of implementing and successfully executing on employee relations strategies and building a positive work environment - hiring, layoffs, disciplinary actions and complaint resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining quality control systems for assigned area and meeting established objectives on rejections.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of equipment and work area for an efficient, safe and healthy environment.
- Assure the effective implementation of programs to increase overall manufacturing efficiencies in obtaining the highest quality product at the lowest cost possible.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior
- Excellent leadership, communication and team skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- B.S. degree in Engineering. MS or MBA is desirable.
- 8+ years of related operations or manufacturing experience in a supervisory/managerial position preferably in related industries.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 2 years ago