Barnes Group is proud of their past and excited about their future. Our company embraces enthusiasm, imagination, drive and ingenuity to drive success in everything they do as outlined in our Mission Statement – “Empowering people to leverage their creativity, talent and commitment to excellence to perform at their best and improve customer’s performance…every day”.
An excellent career opportunity exists within the Associated Spring – Saline, MI business Unit for a Business Unit Manager. Business Unit Manager will play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and building collaborative teams, to bring about results. He or she will “lead by example” and act as a proactive liaison between the Division Manager and manufacturing personnel to champion change initiatives. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer’s orders are completed as efficiently as possible, for the least cost, with the highest quality and on time to customer schedules.
- Develop and maintain an effective manufacturing organization through selection, training/development and motivation of the hourly workforce.
- Provide leadership and direction to workforce in a manufacturing environment; establishes production priorities and schedules consistent with unit goals. Train and create a continuous improvement environment where all employees are involved in Kaizen and 5-S activities.
- Responsible for maintaining cost budgets within area of responsibilities.
- Prioritizes and creates work schedules. Directs employees’ work assignments. Sets work hours including overtime hours.
- Responsible for departmental problem solving and trouble-shooting on a day-to-day basis.
- Participates in Human Resources activities including hiring, layoffs, disciplinary actions and complaint resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining quality control systems for assigned area and meeting established objectives on rejections.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of equipment and work area for an efficient, safe and healthy environment.
- Assure the effective implementation of programs to increase overall manufacturing efficiencies in obtaining the highest quality product at the lowest cost possible.
- Available to work extended shifts and weekends to support operational needs.
- 2 – 4 years working in a manufacturing environment. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills supporting a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, business or related discipline. MS or MBA is desirable.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 2 years ago