Job Summary: This position is responsible for managing all aspects of a manufacturing business unit, including directing activities within a business unit, adhering to established quality and production standards, staffing, production output, costs, customer order fill rates and sustainment of lean practices across all production shifts. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance of the business unit through assigning ownership and enforcing accountability.
1. Drives active communication throughout the BU by the establishing meeting schedules at the cell and associate level, supervisor-to-supervisor level, BU manager to supervisor level and status reporting to the organization
2. Ensures performance metrics are monitored and reported hourly, daily, weekly and monthly
3. Reports BU status daily and weekly to plant operations and escalates issues affecting the cell to appropriate management levels
4. Monitors and enforces lean practices and sustainability and ensures standards are maintained, including adherence to 5S standards, SQDP board information accuracy and value, visual management, quality and first pass yield performance, standard work practices, production output to target, scrap, rework, deviations, operator cross training, operator rotation, customer order fill rates and inventory objectives
5. Drives root cause and corrective action within the BU for issues affecting performance
6. Coordinates BU needs across departmental disciplines to support BU objectives, and drives root cause and corrective action within the BU for issues affecting performance and results
7. Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines and employees
8. Reviews production costs & product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain & enhance profitable operation of division
9. Recommends budgets to management
10. Plans, monitors, and supports new product introduction roll-outs
11. Performs related duties as required
Job Specifications: This position requires the ability to lead a team and effectively manage others, as well as the ability to communicate information effectively to many different groups of people.
Knowledge: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or a related field is required. Four to ten years of related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience is also required. Experience in a supervisory role is required. Five to ten years of machining experience and previous lean implementation experience in a medium to large size manufacturing plant is preferred. APICS certification is also preferred.
Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, and experience working with AS400 and/or XA is preferred.
Abilities: The ability to prioritize and delegate work & projects is necessary, as well as strong organizational and time management skills. Effective written and oral communication skills are also necessary.
Working Climate: Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of objects and materials of weight up to 25 pounds.
Biomet - 23 months ago
When the leg bone and the knee bone don't connect so well anymore, Biomet may have a solution. Orthopedic specialists use the medical...