FPC Raleigh has been engaged to locate a new Manager for a company with excellent name recognition, a reputation for the highest quality, and a strong financial performance. This organization is cost and delivery competitive with overseas sourced product, ensuring a strong future.
The company is looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented person to be a key part of the plant manager’s direct staff and actively manage around 100 cross-functional associates and 5+ salaried associates. Roles of this type go by many titles, including Business Unit Manager, Focus Factory Manager, and Value Stream Manager. The entire site has over 800 people, ships tens of thousands of products, and has an SKU count of approximately 5000 spread over 65 manufacturing cells. This is a high-volume, high-mix environment. Filling this role is part of a top-grading initiative.
- BS or BA degree, BSIE/ BSME BS technical degree preferred
- 7+ years experience, 2+ years in Production Management
- High volume, high mix assembly experience in a consumer, appliance, or automotive environment where speed to market is a competitive advantage
- Demonstrated successful management of 50+ production associates
- Track record of driving improvement with quantified results
- Growth-oriented employment history
I provide a high level of support, coaching, and advocacy to the candidates I work with. If you are the right candidate, I will get your resume in front of the right people and help you put your best foot forward along every step of the process.
- Cross-functional experience in areas such as Quality, Materials, Maintenance, and Process/Manufacturing Engineering
- Lean experience (Kanban, SMED, value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, etc)
- Experience dealing with big box retailers
- Six Sigma experience (DMAIC, DMADV, DFSS)
In addition to this role, I focus on growth-oriented opportunities in operations, quality, and materials, with most of my clients located in the Southeast, East Coast and Midwest. I take an active approach to recruiting and I especially value having exclusive and long-term relationships with candidates and clients. Candidates with excellent career progression who are looking for a new opportunity in a stimulating, high-growth environment are encouraged to contact me, preferably by email, even if you are not currently active in a search but are considering a move in the next year or two. Engineering degrees with high GPA’s and/or JMO experience are particularly attractive to many of my clients.
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this role or other roles that I may have available now or in the future, send me your resume in Word format for review.
David W. Cole, ASQ CQE
Top 1% Fortune-wide Executive Recruiter
FPC of Raleigh
2435 Lynn Road, Suite 206
Raleigh, NC 27612