Summary / Purpose
Business Unit Project / Program Manager works independently and leads large scale projects/programs for a designated client typically related to manufacturing operations, quality assurance, test, systems, etc. to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. Uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to lead large or multiple projects / programs with significant scope and impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for oversight of key projects or for multiple, related projects / programs aligned with an assigned Business Unit’s strategy.
• Manages projects/programs under assigned Business Unit direction.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
• Manages key customer programs less P&L responsibility.
• Provides customer with Jabil point of contact and interface.
• Works with internal and external customers to provide excellent customer satisfaction and exceed customer expectations.
• Leads and implements specific programs both internal and external to Jabil that span functions, organizations,
geographic regions and cultures.
• Leads and manages the development of specific products through the various stages of the product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree and two (2) to four (4) years work-related experience required. Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), Certified Project Manager (CPM), or APICS certification preferred.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
• Broad manufacturing knowledge (i.e. materials, processes, test, logistics)
• Strong project and/or program management skills
• Automotive experience a plus
• Fundamental knowledge of cost accounting principles
• Strong Supply Chain Management skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jabil Circuit - 20 months ago
Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified...