Voted as one of Nashville’s top employers in 2013 by The Tennessean and high on the list of “Cool Cities” for Forbes Magazine and the New York Times; LifeWay Christian Resources is seeking a Business and Financial Analyst for its Finance and Church Information Services team. This position will be responsible for providing business/financial guidance and analysis in the areas of: budget development; pro forma development, periodic financial reporting and analysis of results; inventory management; fixed asset management; and long-term planning.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Develop, analyze, and interpret reports designed to aid leaders and staff in understanding the operating results of assigned ministry area including monthly ministry area contribution reports, detailed revenue analysis, project level contribution reports, and a dashboard monitoring metrics and indices key to the success of the ministry area. Proactively prepare ad hoc analysis form ministry areas as required.
- In collaboration with ministry area leaders, develop annual financial plan for the assigned ministry area including: long term strategic planning, pipeline product and event development, budget scenarios, and budget development.
- Develop and maintain process designed to aid in the evaluation of new opportunities within the assigned ministry area including: product/event proformas and business plans.
- Participate in development of division deliverables including: quarterly financial results packages, forecasts, budget presentations, and inventory evaluation.
- Manage product inventory through the setting of initial print quantities, reprint quantities, and stocking recommendations.
- Participate in Finance Team led special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
- CPA or CM credentials desired.
- Provide financial support and leadership in the areas of budgeting, operational analysis, and planning.
- Experience working with large data sets and the ability to extract, summarize, and report results efficiently.
- Experience in cost accounting focusing on contribution analysis and inventory management.
- Strong finance and business acumen with the ability to discern both causal and actionable elements from financial data.
- Superior data mining skills with demonstrated ability to extract and summarize data using a variety of tools.
- Effective communicator with strong presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- 5 - 7 years accounting and business analysis experience.
LifeWay Christian Resources - 5 months ago
LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible studies,...