Buying merchandise for ALCO stores means more than just selecting goods to sell to our customers – all buyers must be committed to the company’s overall success through negotiation, forecasting, budget planning, inventory flow and motivation to grow his or her business. Our buyers must also have experience in anticipating trends and consumer needs, and most importantly, the ability to select items that are appropriate for the company and our customer base.
The Buyer of Domestics will keep a strong pulse on market conditions regarding price, resources, and trends and reacting accordingly to impact the business. This is an exciting high-profile position offering an outstanding array of benefits including but not limited to: competitive salary plus bonus potential, company-paid relocation and a competitive benefits package.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives sales and category results through competitive product assortment, pricing and merchandising.
- Develops assortments, and stays on top of current and emerging trends.
- Has immediate general management responsibility and P& L accountability.
- Completes open to buy and vendor gross margin management and analysis.
- Develops inventory strategies to maximize open to buy dollars; monitors key items, best sellers & inventory levels.
- Establishes markdown and sales projections.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for merchandising.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides input for developing and managing category and subcategory budgets
- Develops business strategies, marketing plans, and assortments to drive profitable sales.
- Leverages customer insights to build long-term market share and profitable growth.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Four year college / university degree
- At least 3-5 years of buying or planning experience in bedding and bath, or similar domestics categories
- Extremely competent in vendor negotiations
- Excellent product knowledge and
ability to identify current and upcoming trends
- Passionate about exceeding corporate goals and driving business through excellent execution
- Solid forecasting and planning skills
- Ability to develop business strategies and merchandise assortments to drive profitable sales
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship building and teamwork
- Proficient IT skills
ALCO Stores, Inc - 12 months ago