The purchasing team for the Mountain silo specializes in mountain related purchases for the company, including but not limited to, Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) goods and services, facilities, snowmaking, vehicles and heavy equipment.
The Buyer is responsible for procurement of goods and services company-wide and helps drive strategic procurement initiatives. The individual will be expected to deliver year over year cost savings to assist the organization in meeting its financial goals. In addition to purchasing, negotiating and conducting post order management on mountain spend, this position involves interfacing with suppliers and internal customers and managing select projects.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Develop a complete end to end understanding of and be able to execute against the Vail Resorts purchasing process including requisition creation, post-order management and invoice payment
- Ability to focus on customer satisfaction through the identification of solutions to customer requests or issues, good follow through until open issues are resolved along with providing any necessary training to prevent future issues
- Develop an understanding of the bid process, preferred suppliers and purchasing agreements and how they relate to our philosophy of adding value to our orders and company
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and internal Vail Resorts operational departments in regards to the status of purchase orders, bids and product research
- Support the corporate procurement initiatives
- Negotiate preferred pricing on low to mid-dollar items and/or categories
- Initiate and build low-to-medium spend vendor relationships
- Communicate with Accounts Payables in relation to payment issues. Help to ensure a smooth and “issue free” payment process
- Investigate and resolve questions associated with invoices
Skills and Experience:
- 0-3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; including but not limited to Buyer experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials or other ERP preferred
- Passion for Vail Resorts’ business and products required
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- BA/BS required
- Ability to perform under pressure, multi-task and have a sense of urgency
- Proactive, results-driven, reliable and the ability to work independently
- Ability to form trusting relationships with a wide variety of people
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong judgment and initiative
- Possess a high degree of integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Value. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 13 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...