Do you love to shop? Okay, well you probably do if you are checking out this job posting. But do you REALLY love to shop every day, and get paid for it?! Have you ever thought that a retailer could select merchandise more effectively, or offer more enticing sales to you? What if YOU were in control? What would YOU do? Here is your chance at doing just that with the web’s largest selection of home goods and décor, and much more!
We are seeking Event Buyers to lead and expand major categories. Since this is a new team, this is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professionals who have a flair and passion for the home and are interested in a role with a rapid growth trajectory. We are looking for buyers who will be needed in multiple categories including: furniture & décor, housewares, toys, baby and youth products, home improvement and renovation and much more.
• Plan, manage and produce promotional events each week that delight our customers with style and value
• Communicate your pitch enthusiastically and deliberately, with relentless focus on what’s good for the customer
• Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and develop pipeline of sales events
• Collaborate with Merchandising/Event Production team to maximize sell through and item velocity
• Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
• Analyze and report on event performance data to determine areas of improvement and financial goal achievement
• Forge and expand strong vendor partnerships
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Buying, sales, or directly relevant experience
• Flair and passion for interior decorating, design and retail
• Articulate and persuasive, yet respectful communicator with strong negotiating skills
• Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter
• Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
• Familiarity with home-focused and consumer trends and developments
• Working knowledge of Excel and retail math
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. We’re looking for the brightest, sharpest, most creative minds in every field to help. Are you one? If you like transparency, friendliness, a relaxed but results-driven work environment filled with like-minded top-tier talent, Wayfair would like to hear from you. We own and operate Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. We are on target for over $600 million in revenue and currently employ over 1,000 employees in offices located in Boston, Utah, Kentucky, the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia. Wayfair was founded in 2002 and is privately held and profitable. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, pre-IPO equity, a long-term and sustainable, next-generation, e-commerce business model as well as surprising and generous perks designed to attract and retain the brightest people who are incredibly excited about what they do. Wayfair is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Come join us at http://www.wayfair.com/careers.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair - 14 months ago
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. Wayfair is privately...