Procurement and expediting of goods and services for compression related projects in the natural gas compression service industry. Specifically providing support for turnkey projects containing piping and gas components. Procurement negotiation is an essential aspect of the position. Essential duties include continuity of the Vendor and Item Master maintenance records.
- Check, and Receive all incoming requisitions
- Fax or E-mail out RFQ's to vendors for price and availability
- Receive and evaluate bids by price, delivery, payment terms, and completeness of bids, FOB point and determine if AFE's, Hold Harmless agreements and Insurance Certificates are required.
- Clarify and resolve any unidentifiable items with the Operations and /or Maintenance to insure correct material is received
- Review all bids and select successful vendor while keeping in mind price, delivery and method of shipment i.e. UAF, RAF, ROF etc..
- Create and assign Purchase Order and verbally advise the Vendor of Purchase Order Number, Shipping Instructions, Confirm Delivery, Part Numbers and Manufactures Number.
- Print out purchase order, review for errors and submit to Purchasing Manger for Physical and Electronic Approval.
- Resolve any and all material receipt and invoice discrepancies
- Expedite all open orders
- Co-ordinate shipping schedules with Operations and freight forwarders
- Maintain Good relations and communications with Vendors, Freight Forwarders, and Operations Personnel
- Provides purchase requisitions and purchase orders for goods and services in a timely manner as required; secures additional information on departmental needs and may prepare recommendations on vending sources
- Secures goods for inventory; process supplies requisitions received from departments; processes purchase orders, requisitions and accompanying invoices for payment on inventory items.
- Secures goods for stores inventory; process supplies requisitions received from County departments; processes purchase orders, requisitions and accompanying invoices for payment on stores inventory items.
- Accepts deliveries and reviews orders received for accuracy and condition of merchandise; performs liaison between departments and service representatives for maintenance and repair work on photocopy machines, vending machines and other office equipment.
- Maintains computerized inventory records, which includes tabulating and recording data on inventory costs and supply levels to ensure an accurate and cost efficient inventory of supplies.
- Routinely interprets the Purchasing Policy; seeks new vendors who may qualify to do business and identifies vendors for purchases.
- Requires frequent contacts with vendors and other designated purchasing staff
- Ability to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, suppliers and customers
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Oil & gas industry experience, specifically in the compression service industry a plus
- Ability to professionally and tactfully interact with all levels within the organization.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Must be self motivated and focused.
- Must be familiar with product line.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as price lists, catalogs, requisitions, vendor quotes and invoices
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Must follow all safety policies and regulations
- Strong computer skills, including ERP, data analysis, MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- A bachelors degree with 0-3 years of experience or a combination of education and experience. Certifications preferred
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...