Procurement and expediting of goods and services for compression projects in the natural gas compression industry. Procurement negotiation is an essential aspect of the position. Provide support for engineering and manufacturing activities. Handles technical purchase, valves, controllers, subcontracts agreements. Is the back-up to Purchasing Manager.
- Secures goods for inventory and production
- Place purchase order, confirm delivery, pricing, part number and manufactures number
- Resolve any and all material receipt and invoice discrepancies
- Contact supplier and accounting, freight company, shipper and receiving- email, fax, phone
- Expedite all open orders
- Contact supplier- email, fax and phone
- Finding and developing new sources
- Neternet, periodical, networking, to find new and potential suppliers
- Receive and evaluate bids by price, payment terms and completeness of bids
- Knowledge of commodities required for natural gas compressors
- Firm grounding in skills of purchasing, including law, finance and negotiations, uniform commercial code
- Strong computer skills, ERP, data analysis, MS office
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in Business
- 3 to 10 years of procurement exposure
- CPM certification from International Supply Management Association
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...