Team and align with Production Planners and Manufacturing departments to determine purchased materials required to support weekly and monthly production schedules. Primary communication focal point with Carestream suppliers concerning Purchase Order schedules and forecast requirements.
Manage purchased materials inventory and open orders from requisition approval thru payment settlement including:
Focal point to manage supplier accounts payable issues including invoices not paid or checks not received by researching and resolving payment disputes
- Purchased Materials Planning to support manufacturing schedules
- Release Purchase Orders to suppliers and update suppliers with current forecast production volumes
- Schedule purchased materials delivery to optimize risk and availability levels recognizing stock out risk, transportation, and volatile production schedules.
- Challenge and negotiate with suppliers to deliver productivity while maintaining productive relationships with supplier Customer Service Representatives and Sales personnel
- Drive to reduce Total Cost of Ownership by eliminating waste, optimizing lot sizes, initiating consignment programs, and reducing costs.
- Negotiate accelerated or delayed delivery from suppliers to meet revised schedules for modified volumes
- Analyze Goods Receipt / Inventory Receipt report and correct any discrepancies or blocked invoices to resolve issues with suppliers.
- Develop and improve standard work to enable Buyer Planners to support one another during illness and vacation
- Maintain and continually improve SAP Master Data
Maintain supplier and commodity performance management metrics
Participate with other local and corporate Commodity Team members and the Supplier Performance Manager to compile and deliver Supplier Performance Report Cards to drive continuous improvement
Partner with the Commodity Team to
- Evaluate competitive sources to award business based on the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Identify issues, complete root cause analysis and corrective action to resolve quality excursions
- Identify opportunities to utilize consignment programs or supplier’s distribution network to reduce lead-times, cost and inventory.
- Assess, quantify and mitigate risks to level flow of materials
- Coordinate purchase of new materials for customers
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...