2H Offshore is a leading engineering contractor specializing in the design, structural analysis and integrity management of riser and conductor systems for the offshore oil and gas industry. We have offices in many of the major offshore oil centers of the world, including Houston, London, Aberdeen, Kuala Lumpur, Rio de Janeiro, Perth and Beijing.
2H is a dynamic, fast growing company and our passion for engineering has enabled us to become a leader in our field. We have a young and vibrant culture and believe that our success depends on the quality and well-being of our people. We strive to employ the best people for the job and provide a fun working environment to make sure we have a top quality and motivated team.
The challenges involved in designing deepwater risers are considerable and require the application of cutting edge technology. We are seeking bright, talented individuals who can rise to this challenge and help us apply new ideas to real life industry problems. In return, we are committed to providing employees with continued training and development and rapid career progression in this exciting field.
A new position has arisen in our Houston office for a Buyer.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Identify and execute purchase orders based on customer needs, including, but not limited to:
- Identifying suppliers of materials
- Managing the Request for Proposal / Bidding / Negotiation processes
- Compiling a comparable bid evaluation for decision making
- Collecting, retaining, and executing the relevant contract, work directive, purchase order, etc.
- Adhering to Company Policies / Procedures / Guidelines
- Negotiate Material Terms & Conditions
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance, and high level of performance
- Work independently to manage tasks and timelines
- Communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) with a wide variety of people
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers
- Assist customers in meeting the objectives of cost control, quality, and schedule
- Listen attentively to Customer / Management requests to identify expectations and execute upon given expectations
- Ensure that suppliers provide proper job book documentation with orders
- Promote Procurement services throughout the organization
- Act as a Procurement team leader of alliances/pricing agreements, developing and monitoring objectives and conducting periodic meetings between company and supplier
- Develop and measure cost savings
- Input and maintain necessary data in company system
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined
If you have the qualities we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com . Please include "WEBSITE POSTING" followed by the “Job Title and Job Number” in the subject field of your email. Please note whether or not you currently have the proper authorization to work in the United States. 2H Offshore cannot give you serious consideration for employment without this information.
- Demonstrated Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) for the purpose of word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and information retrieval
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills required
- Possess authentic listening skills
- Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings
- Must be able to prioritize and manage requisition load independently to meet various schedules and objectives, including but not limited to, being timely with bidding process and issuance of Purchase Orders
- Problem solving skills, including logical thought processes, with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Self-motivated with the ability to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines, and work with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize workload to meet various schedules and objectives on short notice
- Ability to resolve conflict in a win-win manner
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules and adhere to established work schedules
- Adhere to performance expectations as defined by the Procurement Department and Customer
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job
If you would like to discuss this position further, please send your inquiry to the email address above and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For further information about 2H Offshore and the work we do, please take a look at our website www.2hoffshore.com .
2H Offshore - 22 months ago