Prepares Request for quotations for materials assigned. Reviews and analyzes quotations received in reply to RFQs. Negotiates pricing and prepares for review by Director of Material prior to award for all purchases in excess of authorized purchase level. Creates, issues and performs Purchase Order maintenance using the USJ business information system. Reviews Purchase Order acknowledgements for contract formation issues, and if any, address them appropriately. Resolves discrepancies between suppliers and USJ including: quality (yard concerns) and invoicing issues. Supports USJ New Work Proposal efforts by obtaining potential project specific pricing for subcontract work and assigned purchase product lines. Maintains pricing information in the departments quote file. Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. |
Education and/or Experience
1. Bachelor?s degree (BS) in a business curriculum preferred, and two years experience in marine work procurement or five (5 years) experience in procurement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
2. Knowledge of purchasing and contract formation and administration practices.
3. Product knowledge of marine joiner materials.
4. Effective communication skills with a wide range of personalities, both internal and external to the organization.
5. Effective negotiating skills
6. Ability to gather and analyze data and make competent decisions.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Sage MAS500 Business information system.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
59 Lee Highway
Verona , Virginia 24482
You must be a registered candidate and logged into our website to apply for jobs.