Barnes Distribution is an industry leader in the distribution of maintenance, repair, operating (MRO) and production supplies. More than 100,000 products from industry leading suppliers including 3M Abrasives, Durham, Kimberly Clark, and Peerless are offered, sold and supplied by a dedicated global sales and service organization. Barnes Distribution is a business of Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE ticker B), founded in 1857 and headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut. BGI has 4,800 employees and $1 Billion in 2009 revenue.
Delivering Solutions, Building Careers
To empower people to leverage their creativity, talent and commitment to excellence to perform at their best and improve our customers' performance...every day.
Our vision is to be the preferred choice in industrial distribution, and with you on our team, we can achieve this and more.
This position serves as an excellent opportunity to join our Sourcing Solutions Group and interact with a variety of teams including Field Sales, Accounts Payable, Marketing, and Supply Chain managers and vendors. You will provide the necessary support to our sales reps and customers through the sourcing and procurement of MRO items not carried as part of our normal product line. You will be responsible for processing bids and requests for quotes (RFQ’s) from the sales force and work for non-stock MRO type items. In addition you will work with our electronic catalog and AS400 system to load vendor cost and cross reference information.
Other responsibilities include:
- Process orders and requests for quotes from the inside sales force for non-stock MRO type items
- Maintain open communication with the sales force on the status of orders
- Work to resolve Accounts Payables discrepancies between purchase order costs and vendor invoices
- Assist with the establishment of a supply base to meet the requirements of the customers served
- Work in the field with the sales force and customers on an occasional basis
- Attend City Meetings with the sales force when required by management
- Provide input to and work directly with Marketing and Supply Chain Managers and vendors in the development and marketing of product programs, line expansions, and promotions on an as needed basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet and word processing software (MS Office Suite) required.
- Must possess strong practical math skills to work with product cost and pricing issues.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Strong PVF (Pipe, Valves and Fittings) knowledge/experience.
- 2-5 years previous experience in a similar role.
Barnes Distribution is an equal opportunity employer