Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance.
We are looking for Buyers for our Plattsburgh (NY) facility.
You will source and procure materials, parts and supplies. You will also ensure parts availability while maximizing quality and minimizing overall cost/ inventory levels.
In your role as a Buyer, you will:
- Receive requisitions and contact vendors to obtain quotations. Analyze offers, prepare purchase approval and or Supply Management Information System (SMIS) as required. Process purchase order. Negotiate economical lot size, Just in Time (JIT) programs, manage terms and conditions;
- Ensure delivery of materials meet requirements and expedite as required. Resolve issues with nonconforming materials and issue chargeback to vendors as required;
- Manage vendor relationship;
- Coordinate the resolution of technical issue with vendor and internal departments;
- Support continuous improvement and material delivery device initiatives.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field;
- One to three (1-3) years of experience as buyer;
- A good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, SAP (asset);
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Primary Location: US-NY-Plattsburgh
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular
Bombardier - 20 months ago
A pioneer in the aerospace industry, Learjet Inc. builds high-performance business jets -- the limos of the sky. The company...