As a Buyer, you will provide purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management to deliver maxiumum value.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for development, and/or communication and implementation of a local or regional sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
- Provide leadership for sourcing, logistics and resource management decisions
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category/Platform based Buyers
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university or minimum of 2 years purchasing experience
- Functional leadership
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Fluent in English language
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at
- 4-5 years purchasing experience
- Fluent in multiple languages
- Experience is preferred in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Aug 29, 2014, 11:59:00 PM
Purchasing & Procurement
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...