This position will coordinate, lead, and administer a variety of administrative functions related to the purchasing of supplies, equipment and services. Additionally, the Buyer will oversee the operation of a central store and manage the telecommunications system and inventory.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the following essential functions:
- Review and process requisitions for completeness and assist in determining sources of supply.
- Process requisitions and ascertain conformity with established procedures and regulations.
- Research and prepare specifications on items to be bid and interface with departmental representatives in the preparation of bids and quotations.
- Solicit bids via telephone, internet, informal written quotations and correspondence.
- Prepare and process formal bids on major purchases and assist in the recommendation of awards.
- Maintain records pertaining to fixed assets, costs, product performance and inventories.
- Confer with suppliers on all aspects of delivery of products including expedition of products and services, returns and trace shipments.
- Arrange for disposal or sale of surplus and obsolete materials, equipment and vehicles.
- Manage the City’s telecommunications system and inventory.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and vendors.
- Supervise, train and evaluate staff.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
*Salary dependent upon qualifications.
- Two years experience related to the duties listed herein; municipal, supervisory and budget /policy experience is desirable.
- An ability to demonstrate good customer service skills and effective leadership skills.
TESTING Oral interview 100%
A completed City application (and a resume or other materials) must be submitted online by 5:30 p.m., Friday, July 26, 2013. Apply online at www.pico-rivera.org .
Based on a review of application materials, the best-qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the testing process.
Applications must be filled out completely and clearly show that all qualifications are met. All statements made on the application are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification, removal from the Eligibility List, or discharge from employment.
The City of Pico Rivera promotes a drug-free work environment. Appointments are made after satisfactory results are received from a post-offer physical and drug screen, and Department of Justice background check.
Licenses and Certifications:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate; a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or a related field, from a college or university accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or equivalent regional accreditation association, is desired.
- Possession of a Certified Public Purchasing O
- fficer (CPPO) designation is required.
A valid Class C California Driver’s License throughout the course of employment.
City of Pico Rivera, CA - 14 months ago