Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning. Come join us as a Buyer!
You will add value by:
- Sourcing vendors, and negotiating with vendors regarding purchasing supplies, equipment and service contracts in accordance with Ellucian purchasing policies and procedures in order to obtain the most cost effective and quality products for our employees.
- Communicating with all levels within Ellucian and all outside vendor/partners to ensure product availability, expense control and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Contributing toward purchasing department customer service achieving department goals.
- Soliciting, analyzing and awarding contracts to vendors using lowest-cost/best-service/quality model process.
- Tracking/managing supplier delivery and quality performance, and managing any supplier corrective action.
- Placing purchase orders timely and accurately.
- Managing returned material to vendor process.
- Assisting A/P in resolving receipt/invoice discrepancies.
- Maintaining approved vendor list.
- Assisting in other areas, as assigned.
- Providing administrative support specifically related to purchasing department activities, manager.
- Maintaining files, purchasing orders and consulting agreements.
- Maintaining information on computer systems.
- Expediting orders.
- Processing business card orders through established on-line system and URL.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline, or equivalent
- 2-3 years procurement experience with electronics/computer peripherals
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Strong financial and analytical skills (statistics, cost accounting, computer spreadsheets)
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, MUST have SAP experience, ERP, Vertex)
- Strong customer service and teamwork orientation
Ellucian. - 2 years ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...