Req Number: hein-00004654
This position is responsible for the development of setting strategic direction for a protein portfolio within Heinz North America procurement department. This includes but is not limited to understanding key market drivers & development of sourcing strategy, contract negotiations, obtaining contract approvals, forecasting, value engineering, managing supplier relationships and delivering improvements in areas such as cost, cash, quality and service and innovation to meet the overall business goals and objectives.
Who will be successful in this role?
- Analyze supply and demand fundamentals to forecast and budget annual spend.
- Understand monthly purchase price variances and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver to overall business plans by working with internal and external stakeholders to align on goals and strategies.
- Utilize Heinz 7 Step Purchasing Process to develop regional strategies
- Utilize E-Sourcing strategies and tools to deliver optimal supply relationships that will deliver branded innovation
- Negotiate and implement source relationships
- Maintain monthly supplier performance reviews
- Work to move all suppliers to Heinz standard payment terms
- Deliver best in class quality and food safety
- Represent HNA procurement in meetings with peers of various levels and contribute to projects, and process improvement activities.
- Contribute toward diversity spend and sustainability goals
- Manage supplier relationships
- Travel is 15 ' 20% of the time with expectation of travel during the on-boarding process
- Position will be located in Pittsburgh ' Warrendale office and will report through the Heinz North America Procurement team
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or equivalent
- Experience with Ingredients preferred
- Cost modeling/formula price modeling experience
- Experience managing up to 20 suppliers with varying levels of spend
- CPSM preferred
- Strong analytical skills & market knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Financial understanding related to budgeting and purchase price variance
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- BPCS and SAP ERP system understanding preferred
- Esourcing experience
- 5 years experience in Procurement
Heinz is a global company with a long history of success. We offer an environment of strength, stability and exceptionally varied opportunity. Under our impressive portfolio of brands, we lead the industry in quality, value, consumer loyalty, and consumer expectations. Our talent is entrepreneurial, empowered and always collaborative with a culture that allows each person to have an impact every day. Your career with us is limited only by your drive, ambition and imagination and we are committed to maximizing the talents of those who join us.
At Heinz, diversity is implicit in our business strategy for success. By 'making talent an advantage,' diversity and inclusion:
It is the continuing policy of Heinz North America to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Enables Heinz to be the 'employer of choice' that hires and retains the best talent from around the world, reflecting the markets and consumers we serve;
- Promotes an inclusive workplace culture that values differences in order to inspire each team member to bring their personal best; and
- Encourages full engagement and contribution from team members to ensure that we have the innovation and creativity to deliver on our mission in every part of our business.
H.J. Heinz Company - 20 months ago