The Buyer will work within the Group Purchasing Department responsible for purchasing activities of all major electrical equipment, construction services and professional services required for the development and construction of wind, solar and thermal generation facilities in the USA.
- Prepare bid packages and publish Requests For Proposals (RFPs)
- Spreadsheet analysis of supplier price submittals and comparison with reference prices and budgets
- Ability to understand and negotiate pricing and terms & conditions
- Documentation of RFP bid review and contract award recommendations
- Manage, develop and maintain approved supplier lists and pre-qualification criteria
- Adhere to, and monitor compliance with, company purchasing policy and procedures
- Use of SAP browser-based system for publication and management of RFPs
- Use of SAP enterprise resource planning system.
- Production and analysis of monthly management information reports
- Adhere to effective internal controls
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience as it relates to the job description.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain systems, software and methods.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and record keeping in electronic and hard copy.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate supplier proposals and pricing
- Proven experience in negotiating contracts for equipment and services.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Excellent organizational and forward-planning abilities in order to pro-actively meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced level of proficiency with computer applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Knowledge of electric power industry.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that includes an MV report, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Direct experience with SAP supply chain system
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...