Chances are that the products we manufacture are in your home, you just don’t know it because our customer’s name is on the package. As a premier contract manufacture for the world’s most well known consumer brands, companies turn to Kleen Test to manufacture products for them such as wet wipes, dryer sheets, laundry liquids, mouthwash, shampoo and many other similar items. With seven plants and a reputation for providing superior quality and customer service, our business continues to grow and so we are looking to hire a Buyer for our Ozaukee County facilities.
· Works directly with KTP’s customers in sourcing, costing and coordinating start up launch orders for new products. (P&L)
· Prepares new product cost matrices and supply chain liability exposure tables which support new product cost roll-ups.
· Reviews new project component specifications and BOM’s to ensure accurate customer requirements for new projects. Establishes Item masters, Item Location and Vender Item Masters for new or changing components.
· Relies on experience and market judgment to plan and react to changing supply conditions to ensure continued supply of components and chemicals.
· Establish and maintain a mutual respect of customers, suppliers and peers.
· Responsible for selecting and maintain high quality sources of supply as well as evaluating existing and new supplier performance.
· Prepare request for bids for commodities that involve manufacturing commodities with long lead times and high costs to assure the best supplier for quality, price and on-time delivery and technical knowledge.
· Search for small business and minority suppliers.
· Maintain clear and concise records, correspondence and problem resolution for purchase orders.
· Negotiate all purchase orders with suppliers to insure best prices and accomplish cost-savings to meet corporate objectives.
· Requires a college degree in business or supply chain.
· Prior experience (5-8 years) in Purchasing preferably in the procurement of chemicals, fabrics and packaging materials.
· Strong project management, logistics and material management software experience.
· Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement and contracts. Must be proficient in MS Office suite.
· Strong sourcing, negotiating and networking skills.
· Knowledge of market conditions, cost and supply trend analysis.
· Requires strong oral and written communication skills.
We offer highly competitive wages, excellent benefit package to include medical and dental insurance and matching 401 (k) in a safe, clean and air conditioned environment. Kleen Test is an equal opportunity employer.