Landmark Structures has an immediate opening for an experienced Buyer. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished negotiator with advanced time management and strong organizational skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Purchase goods, services and materials needed to maintain successful production of products and services.
- Prepare bid or quote specifications, locate suitable vendors and negotiate best terms and price.
- Track orders and take appropriate corrective action where necessary to assure on time delivery.
- Inspect products for quality and quantity as needed to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Evaluate vendor performance to include delivery, quality and price commitments.
- Accountable for cost reduction efforts relating to purchasing through investigation, analysis and development of alternative systems, suppliers, materials, controls and procedures.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience; construction industry preferred.
- Microsoft Office 2007 with an emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
Landmark provides a very competitive compensation package including 401k savings plan with matching company contributions, TEAM Gainsharing and medical/dental insurance.
Safety Excellence, Quality and Efficiency are core values driving Landmark's success.
As a specialty engineering and contracting company,...