Link Technologies is currently looking for a Buyer for a long-term 2-year contract in Aiken, South Carolina.
- Assist customers in developing complex scopes of work and pre-procurement planning.
- Prepare, review, issue, negotiate and administer procurement packages in accordance with established policies and procedures; identify and resolve customers' and suppliers' problematic concerns while effecting competitive sources of supply to the highest practical extent possible.
- Perform price reasonableness analyses, and be proficient in cost analysis.
- Review sole source justifications and emergency requisitions.
- Review all procurement correspondence prior to issuance to subcontractor or supplier.
- Review subcontracts prior to issuance to the Department of Energy for Notice to Proceed and Consent to Award.
- Review procurement forms used to document transactions to ensure consistency of operations or preclude procedural conflicts with other functional organizations.
- Ensure proper control systems are in place and develop set-aside procurements for Small Business, Small Disadvantage Business and the Woman Owned Business concerns, whenever possible, to ensure fair and equal consideration is provided.
- Conduct market surveys, administer lease subcontracts, and negotiate lease agreements.
- Plan and execute sound, logical, and achievable purchase strategies and long-term procurement programs to provide solutions to complex acquisition problems.
- Resolve recurring supplier problems involving payments, quality, and delivery.
- Develop and maintain reliable and cost competitive sources of supply, while supporting the socioeconomic policies set forth by client and the Department of Energy (DOE).
- Administer existing purchase orders/subcontracts including the review of invoices to ensure 100% compliance to purchase order/subcontract terms and conditions for invoice submittals.
- Identify and resolve often significant differences between client and supplier objectives as well as customer requirements.
- Must keep abreast of policies, rules, and processes and must be able to persuasively articulate them verbally and in writing.
- Apply, with resourcefulness and innovation, procurement principles, theories, concepts, procedures and techniques to the development of Purchase Orders and Subcontracts using the client Automated Procurement System.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Business, Economics or Management or 9 years of procurement experience. MBA, MS or CPM certification preferred.
- Membership in the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is highly recommended.
- 9+ years of progressive procurement experience required. Individuals not possessing a 4-year degree may qualify with an additional 5 years related experience.
- 9+ years' experience and understanding of procurement;
- At least 3-5 years of direct and federal related procurement experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience in subcontract terms and conditions, and negotiations; skilled in computer usage and procurement systems; demonstrate understanding and experience of government and/or commercial sector procurement;
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), or other agency regulations oriented toward procurement of goods and services in a complex environment;
- Knowledge of codes and standards, Davis Bacon Act and general construction operations; and familiarity with best value purchasing, and experience with Federal government socioeconomic programs / prior procurement experience with a DOE Contractor preferred.
- Experience with Automated Procurement System for Purchase Order and/or Subcontract Development.
Contractor's Purchasing System Reviews
Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations
Department of Energy
Federal Acquisition Regulations
National Contract Management Association
Procurement Evaluation Review Team
A 40 hour work week is scheduled.
Client utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s.
Work week normally excludes client holidays.
Each work day has a 30-minute non-paid lunch.
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not required
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com and reference Job ID # 5533. We regret that we are unable to provide VISA sponsorship at this time.
We look forward to working with you!
Link Technologies LLC - 9 months ago
Lead Buyer - Production
MTU America Inc.
MTU America Inc.
- 5 days ago
MCG Health System
MCG Health System
- 30+ days ago
- 6 days ago