Procure supplies, components, equipment (such as tooling) and outside processes to ensure continuous flow of materials to manufacturing cells consistent with bidding policies, pricing targets, and core values of Safety-Quality-Delivery and Cost. Initiate, develop and maintain supplier base to ensure solid supplier partnerships. Forcecasting, planning and kanban experience. Tracking the work flow from the supply chain department through the shop.
This position will be the focal point in creating, tracking , generating daily reports on the current production status on released materials. This position functions as the liaison between the shop floor, purchasing and production.
The Buyer-Planner has a major impact on the company’s ability to deliver quality products on time at an acceptable cost. Customer satisfaction, ability to secure future programs, and overall Pacific Scientific reputation is greatly affected by performance. Working capital performance, cost effectiveness and productivity of the manufacturing unit are also impacted.
This position has no relocation assistance.
- Provides supplier sourcing for supply chain and shop floor.
- Develops quality supply base in order to insure 100% quality and delivery at best price and within overall Pacific Scientific financial guidelines
- Negotiates supplier agreements and purchase orders that support development and implementation of internal and external kanban systems and/or contractual schedules
- Utilizes Quatum and Master Scheduling tools to analyze consumption trends, plan complex and/or long-lead items, and drive material/kanban set up for anticipated customer requirements
- Analyzes Customer requirements to insure proper implementation of bidding policies, priority and contract rating flow down, and compliance with Small/Disadvantage Business procurement targets
- Ensures timely disposition of rejected material from supplier and assists shop floor on corrective action and recovery plan
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive material status; shortage identification and resolution
- Releases the proper documentation in a timely manner to ensure adherence to production requirements
- Initiates purchase requisitions or production work orders as appropriate.
- Utilizes MRP and Master Scheduling tools to analyze consumption trends, plan complex and long-lead items, assist in kanban set up when appropriate
- Oversees scheduling, tracking, and status of supplier deliveries to ensure adherence to production requirements
- Ensures timely dock-to-stock material flow
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years directly related planning experience
- 3+ years experience in a planning capacity utilizing MRP and lean manufacturing tools
- Planning experience in both a Military and a Commercial environment
- Solid understanding of simple BOM structures
- Strong PC literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and an integrated database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Internal Relationships : Planning, Production, Receiving, Shipping, Quality, and Contracts Administration, Accounts Payable and Management Staff.
- External Relationships: suppliers both Domestic and International
- Inventory Turns
- PPV Measures per yearly Bowler Target
- Supplier On-time delivery
- Supplier Quality – PPM measurement at six sigma
- Material Shortages
- Others per Policy Deployment