Love to manage multiple projects at the same time?
Long to work in an environment of mutual trust and respect?
Excel at communication and negotiation?
Then you should work for Moog. Moog Medical Devices Group designs, manufactures, and distributes industry-leading enteral feeding, infusion, and post-operative pain management pumps, fluid sensing and control solutions, and surgical hand pieces. Through investment in research & development and relying on our vast expertise, we design and develop advanced infusion systems that improve medication safety, optimize application performance and reduce medical expenses.
This position is based in the Salt Lake City, Utah office.
General Summary: The Buyer is primary responsible to ensure incoming raw materials and supplies are ordered and received to meet critical production schedules; to ensure all quality and materials specifications are met while remaining within budgetary guidelines and to focus on the interface between engineering and production.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Contact vendors to obtain price quotations
• Contact vendors to place purchase orders and expedite purchases
• Enter new purchase orders into automated ERP/MRP system
• Negotiate pricing/deliveries to facilitate cost reduction programs
• Maintain accurate databases for cost and lead times
• Purchase required materials for manufacturing
• Be cognizant of current production problems, field failures, and customer complaints
• Advise management of critical activities relative to supply and backorder problems
• Source new suppliers
• Locate suppliers based on technology needs
Minimum Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Training in Demand Flow Technology, JIT techniques, Lean Manufacturing
• Negotiating skills
• Familiar with general manufacturing cost accounting principles
• Minimum of five years experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
• Strong communication skills
• Able to succeed in highly regulated compliance oriented environment while still providing service excellence
• CPM APICS certification
Equal Opportunity Employer
Moog, Inc - 8 months ago