The Buyer is primarily responsible for managing the purchasing processes to the assigned category in order to optimize sales and margin goals by defining and establishing pricing, category product planning and execution and inventory management.
- Approve any purchase orders from assistant buyer which are over the PO limit and/or over daily limit; approve any price changes which are below the company set product or shipping margins.
- Responsible for attainment of sales and margin goals, reducing RMA rate and returns. Analyze category sales data and provides category sales forecasts.
- Review inventory reports and overseeing inventory ratio, cold items and properly balanced inventories.
- Review vendor agreements and collaborate with legal team for final approval.
- Propose demand forecast through coordination with Category Manager and Category Merchandising Manager
- Oversees and manages inbound flow: PO tracking/adjustment, improve vendor lead time, stock receiving active, resolve operation discrepancies.
- Oversees and manages outbound flow: in stock return, product defects, outstanding RMA.
- Negotiates contracts and bid proposals.
- May lead and supervises the activities and performance management of assistant buyers.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in related field
- 5 years of work experience in procurement and/or supply chain
- 2 years of supervisory experience in setting specific goals and communicating expectations
- Knowledge of the principles and practices in purchasing
- Ability to professionally communicate with all levels of management and external clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills
- Must be self-directed, fast learner and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Strong reasoning and decision making skills with the ability to deal with multiple issues and details at once
NewEgg - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard