Reporting Line: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Houston, TX
Proserv, which is headquartered in Aberdeenshire, UK, specialises in exploration & production, drilling, and infrastructure
technical solutions and services to the global energy industry.
The company operates worldwide from 30 sites in 6 geographical regions namely North UK & Africa, South UK & Europe, Scandinavia, the Americas, Middle East & North Africa and the Far East & Australia.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
The Buyer is responsible for the timely placement, management and delivery of Purchase Orders into Argus Subsea. This includes but not limited to vendor selection, management of vendor base and expediting.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Assists merchandise buyers in selecting merchandise, placing orders, and distributing inventory.
- May be responsible for some inventory replenishment but without open-to-buy
- Review planning messages generated by the MRP process for correct quantity and delivery date.
- Modify to meet vendor, logistics and other actual operating needs.
- Place new purchase orders with approved vendors.
- Expedite, defer, add, and cancel existing purchase orders based on changing supply and demand
- Understand the functioning of the MRP and DRP processes and their effect on the purchasing
- Develop planning parameters such as MOQ, Lead Time, Period of Supply, and distribution strategy
to maximize effectiveness of the purchasing process.
- Generate and analyze reports.
- Supply information on costs, past due shipments, shortages and other issues.
- Analyze vendor cost changes and negotiate best pricing and terms.
- Resolve receiving and accounting department discrepancies with vendors.
- Improve vendor performance by better planning, expediting, communication, and problem solving.
- Where no approved supplier base exists, engages in sourcing vendors, which typically involves surveying product literature, vendor and distributor information financial analysis and cost comparisons.
- Follows up on purchase orders placed and verifies delivery.
- Maintains all necessary purchasing records, as required, including files and logs for purchase orders, requisitions, receiving reports and quotations.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are
achieved and exceeded.
Minimal Assoicates degree in a supply chain discipline.
• 3 plus years buyer and expediting experience with engineering equipment or component parts within an Oil and Gas Manufacturing environment.
• Decision making, effective negotiation, understanding of business objectives skills.
• Strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
• Strong Administration Skills.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Experience purchasing component parts for valve manufacturing.
• Syteline ERP system experience
• CIPS or CPM certifications preferred.
Proserv - 2 years ago
At Proserv, we are firmly committed to the health and safety of our workforce and those affected by our operations. All our business...