Responsibilities will include purchasing DAIRY / DELI products for multiple locations nationwide.
Product selection and in-store placement specific per geographic region.
Market analysis and development of commodity pricing contracts and market benchmark pricing
Supply forecasting for seasonal and yearly purchasing requirements.
Develop relationships at executive level with international and national vendors.
Create pricing strategies.
New market analysis including local vendor evaluation, set-up and performance review.
Enact and enforce delivery requirement standards
Category profit analysis and cost reduction strategies.
Negotiate vendor growth, rebate, advertising and sponsorship programs.
- Ideal Candidate will be a highly knowledgeable buyer preferably from a wholesaler or chain supermarket / club warehouse.
- MUST have 3 years previous experience purchasing within the category.
- Openings within the folowing buying categories: Meat, Seafood, & Produce.
- Ability to create strong vendor relationships and possess demonstrated negotiation, communication and organizational skills.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
PulseJobs.net - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard