A large local San Diego employer is in need of a Buyer II to fill for an immediate need on the team. The Buyer II performs routine procurement of supplies, goods and services while complying with applicable procedures, policies, and regulations |
- Identify areas where there are opportunites to reduce the cost of materials throguh strategic vendor sourcing technique.
- Responsible for ensureing critical manufacturing schedules are prepared for and executed in a timely manner
- Conducts Vendor analyzation through requesting quotes and proposals from potential suppliers, negotiating and analyzing costs and employs contracts and considers other potential sources in order to maintain lowest total cost.
- Addresses any delivery and product issues with vendors and distributors to ensure most effective cost efficiencies are in place
- Participates in developing strategies to achieve quality, cost and delivery availability objectives for the company
- Ability to set cost, delivery and quality expectations of supply base, and hold them accountable to achieve set standards
- Work with Warehouse and Production Control to ensure proper balance of min/max requirements, Kanban levels, economic order quantities, vendor stocking requirements and delivery schedules to meet companys desire to maintain high inventory turns.\
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Processes requisitions, analyzes each one for proper signature approval and each item for an adequate description, quantity, specification, statement-of-work, delivery requirements, etc. to facilitate a purchase.
- Develops sourcing strategies and maintains strong relationships with supply partners, but also holds the suppliers accountable for performance.
- Maintains good internal relations with internal customer by ensuring that they receive courteous treatment. Must work effectively with the end-users of products and services by processing their requirements in a timely manner and ensuring that the goods or service(s) will support their needs.
- Help resolve conflicts between end-users, Accounts Payable, IQC, Warehouse, and suppliers on an as required basis. Maintains good relations with supplier by ensuring that they receive courteous, impartial and objective treatment.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Alere Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
Preferred educational background:
Preferred experiential background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Engineering, High school or 5-7 year of related experience
- Certification from ISM (CPSM, CSM, C.P.M.) or APICS (CSCP, CPIM)
- Experience in the biotechnology, medical, or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in the Procurement
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing and negotiation skills and with strong analytical understanding of total cost of ownership
- Proven strong negotiation skills with demonstrated track records of cost saving initiative and increase profitability.
- Basic knowledge of JDE or other ERP system
- Ability to communicate effectively, problem solves and come up with solutions.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Capable to lead discussions, present information and respond effectively to all levels from production to executive.
- Strong customer service to effectively interact with internal customers