Plan, organize and procure commodities such as sub-contract components, finished product, packaging, tools, capital equipment, services and supplies. Ensures quality and delivery requirements are in compliance to the company requirements. Through coordination and negotiation with suppliers, ensures fair pricing and compliance to department guidelines.
Duties & Other Responsibilities:
Professional Experience & Educational Requirements :
- Plan utilizing DRP/TTP/SMI, and generation of purchase orders as defined by departmental ordering guidelines. Buyer’s workload is primarily tactical with emphasis placed on static product.
- Maintain data integrity in system as it relates to item branch/plant maintenance, standard cost, and due dates for purchase orders.
- Establish/maintain working supplier relationships to ensure that all departmental goals are satisfied with emphasis on quality, delivery, and overall cost.
- Emphasis placed on buying decisions, communication and renegotiation effects on assigned product, vendor relations, and company requirements.
- Interface as required with other Purchasing locations, Product Management, Product Development, Quality, and Compliance.
- Support departmental level goals for cost savings, new product introductions, compliance, inventory turns/levels, and backorder objectives.
- Assist Senior Buyer with completing assigned tasks for semi-annual supplier reviews, drawing reviews, and supplier selection.
- Acts as primary company representative and liaison with all outside suppliers for assigned product.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge needed for negotiations.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management, Lean techniques/concepts, Total Quality Management, Good manufacturing Practices, and QSR requirements.
- PC literate – preferably Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related subject is preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- One to five years of Purchasing experience preferably in a medical device industry.
- Must have knowledge of cost/value analysis, negotiation and supplier evaluation techniques.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and documentation.
Synthes - 17 months ago