Responsible for organizing and administering inventory management and purchasing activities to assure proper inventory levels are maintained in compliance with company profitability and service level objectives.
- Reviews inventory demands and places purchase orders with suppliers based on current/future needs.
- Works withPurchasing Coordinator in ensure that scheduled deliveries from suppliers are meeting expected delivery requirements.
- Review reorder levels on a scheduled basis to ensure that reorder points are set at optimal level to meeti customer service levels, while still meeting inventory objectives.
- Develop/maintain strong relationships with key suppliers to help assist in the development of suppliers and their capabilities to support sales growth.
- Supports the EPD and Hoffman by assisting in finding additional suppliers to meet customer /company needs.
- Producesvariious Excel worksheets for inventory management strategies.
The ability to balance multiple projects or tasks with changing priorities.
Maintain high customer service levels (OTIF) while keeping inventory levels at ojbectives determined by upper management.
Maintaining the relationships with numerous suppliers for a variety suppliers for a variety of products.
Works closely with Product and Engineering Departments and developing component suppliers for EPD items.
Working closely with Purchasing Manager to assure all orders are made to the most recent specifications and that all quality criteria are met.
Maintain the confidentiality of suppliers.
Skills, Know How and Experience:
Three to Five years purchasing experience
Good understanding of inventory and service objectives.
Excellent communications skills with suppliers, customers, other departments within the company.
Requires a high degree of accuracy.
Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Ability to treat suppliers, customers and employees with tack and respect in difficult situations while being persistent.
Good computer skills. Need to be experienced in: Macola, Crystal Reporting and Excell and Word.
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago