Under general supervision, responsible for purchasing of company equipment, supplies, parts and requisitioned material orders.
Essential Job Functions
This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Obtains approved purchase requisitions from all departments; determines the (internal) customer’s requirements indicated on purchase requisitions; reviews documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates with all departments to provide the best quality and service of purchased products, supplies and materials.
- Performs basic quoting, bid analysis and negotiations of price and terms, as necessary, negotiates contracts when necessary.
- Processes requirements into purchase orders through approved suppliers and places orders according to specifications in a timely manner.
- Manages supplier performance in terms of optimizing price, quality, and delivery; verifies supplier’s pricing and terms are acceptable to company guidelines; serves as key contact with all suppliers of assigned items and all departments on product purchasing.
- Performs follow-up duties on delinquent orders and/or expedites orders when goods require urgency; expedites procurement of critical materials, supplies and products.
- Processes return of rejected or discrepant items in an expeditious manner; initiates and follows up with warranty claims.
- Develops and investigates reliable and effective sources of supply; identifies alternative supply sources for materials when regular vendor sources are unavailable.
- Conducts sourcing of new suppliers for non-production items and assists in getting the supplier qualified; ensures newly qualified suppliers are entered into vendor master database.
- Maintains accurate files of purchasing department records and communications.
- Interfaces with the Accounting Department regarding price variations.
- Provides feedback and status to requisitioner, when needed, to emphasize the purchasing department’s commitment to customer service.
- Gathers, measures, and reports basic data on supplier performance; assists with the development, implementation, and tracking of purchasing department efforts to control and lower costs or improve supplier performance.
- Maintains a positive (internal) customer relationship for all aspects relating to designated buying responsibilities; maintains positive, professional relations with suppliers.
- Keeps Supervisor current on all purchasing problems or issues.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
- Material and purchasing procedures and practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer programs, MS Office and other applications.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Current company policies and procedures.
- Pharmaceutical principals, practices and their application.
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Basic mathematical and computation skills.
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (MRP).
- Basic knowledge of the competitive bid process and the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing card process and procedures.
Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
: Incumbents in this class are subject to regular and routine periods of communicating orally with Company management, co-workers, vendors and internal customers in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings, communicating via telephone and computer, sitting, standing, walking and visual acuity to monitor and/or read. Work is typically performed in an office environment, with moderate noise levels.
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, recommending and implementing solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative, working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Responding to common inquiries and problems from internal customers and department personnel.
- Effectively negotiating vendor contracts.
- Effectively researching vendor supply sources.
- Effectively communicating with all levels of personnel, vendors and customers.
- Working with general mathematical and accounting concepts.
- Report preparation using standard computer programs and best practice.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in purchasing or related field, and zero (0) to two (2) years of purchasing experience, preferably in food, cosmetic, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Membership in local NAPM society and certification in purchasing management a plus.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 10 months ago
Purchasing Agent / Buyer
Worldwide Industries Grp / BESTBLANKS.com
- 8 days ago
Seminole Gaming Administration
- 27 days ago
Associated Grocers of Florida Incorporated
Pompano Beach, FL
Associated Grocers of Florida Incorporated
- 6 days ago