Responsible for all procurement activities related to the purchasing of materials used in the manufacturing of oil and gas processing equipment . Responsibilities include buying of approved Goods & Services , for the assigned location. Additional duties may include Inventory management for capital spare parts and manufacturing supplies. Coordination responsibility of crib activity that requires maintenance of material receipts and inventory issues during the absence of senior personnel as applicable. The responsibility level and time commitment to various tasks will vary considerably by plant. Additional duties may include expenditure compliance review to corporate purchasing programs.
- Sourcing, selecting and negotiation and approval of contract award for most commodity purchases or services as well as spot buy of non-stock items for location requirements. Includes utilization and support of corporate programs and initiatives where applicable. Providing information to internal customers for pricing proposals. Resolves specification issues prior to quoting process. Achievement of cost savings goals and deliver lowest cost alternatives for sourcing of products and services to meet business demands.
- Manage inventory by reviewing requirements, entering purchase orders, and changing purchase orders as required.
- Determines the need for expediting, follows up on late orders and monitors delivery performance taking corrective action as needed
- Complete corporate program compliance review and reconciliation of P-Card expenditures for corporate charges.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and process supplier returns/rejections
- Reporting activities; to include monthly savings, and weekly status
- Initiate purchase parts approval process(PPAP) per standard operation procedures
- Monitor, Interact with Sales and adjust inventory as required
- Working knowledge of assigned commodity items.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal). Professional phone etiquette is a must.
- Self motivated and possesses the ability to complete tasks on-time and with little supervision.
- General negotiation skills
- Intermediate analytical and mathematical skills
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel, Word and ERP purchasing systems.
- General office equipment, e.g., copier, fax
- Read and interpret part drawings
- Knowledge and application of purchasing cost reduction methods
- Material requirements planning (MRP) system proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing terminology and practices
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Bachelor Degree in business, supply chain, logistics, or quantitative fields or equivalent work experience
- Preferred CPM/CPIM (Certified Purchasing Manager/Certified Production Inventory Manager)
- 1 to 3 years purchasing work experience in manufacturing environment