The C++ Game Engineer is a key member of the Game Engineering team and reports into the CTO/Co-founder. You should be proficient with C/C++, quick to learn new programming lanagues, and have strong knowledge of CS fundamentals. You will be responsible for delivering high quality online, mobile MMOs through ownership of end-to-end features. Your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Work closely with game designers and artists to deliver high quality online mobile MMOs
- Design and implement server and client side systems
- Ensure software quality by writing unit and functional tests
- Implement optimizations in current systems to reach performance goals
- 3+ years of experience (MUST include game industry experience ) and a Bachelors in Computer Science
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and object oriented design principles
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for games
Refer a Friend:
- Experience with Objective C and iOS or Java and Android Development
- Published iOS or Android app
- Experience with OpenGL
- Knowledge of web service technologies (PHP, Java, MySQL, Memcache)
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referralmachinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!