C++Quantitative Analyst – Algorithmic TradingThis job is for our financial client in New York City.
Must have requirements for this position:
The Quantitative Analyst will work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. The Quantitative Analysts role will analyze our algorithmic trading data and make recommendations for improving performance, apply econometric analysis to high frequency trade data; keep up with current trading and market microstructure developments; analyze client performance and make recommendations for improving trading strategy as part of our group’s Execution Consulting effort; and assist managers, traders, and sales with requests for data and analytical assistance.Responsibilities: Participate in research relating to algorithmic trading products, liquidity management and market microstructure. Assist in statistical analysis and econometric modeling for the Algorithmic Trading Group Analyze client performance and make recommendations in the context of our Execution Consulting efforts Maintenance and improvement of models underlying our existing trading algorithms Support the design of innovative algorithmic trading products.
- Must have worked 1-3 years analyzing equity trading with a bank or hedge fund.
- Must have proficiency with C++. Please DO NOT answer this ad if you only have C++ in school but no real world experience.
- You must have some education with Times Series Analysis
- 1-3 years of quantitative strategy development at sell-side algorithmic trading, hedge fund, asset management, or proprietary trading firm.• Quantitative and analytic skills and experience with data analysis and building forecasting modelsTechnical Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong communicators with a demonstrated interest in financial markets.
- Experience with statistical analysis software,C++, SQL, R and understanding of data models and databases preferred
- Experience in financial modeling
- Familiarity with econometric analysis, especially the models of market microstructure, is desired.Educational Experience:Advanced degree in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Economics
- 2 years ago - save job