Senior Software Engineer to work on a portfolio optimization product. As an applicant, you will have solid experience with C++, and a strong mathematical background. It is essential that you are able to work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills. The position will be based in New York, Boston or Los Angeles, depending on where we find the best candidate. Strong communication skills a must.
- Develop new features for our existing portfolio optimization software
- Enhance the capability of our optimization engine using unmanaged C++
- Make modifications to C# and Java APIs as needed
- Work with CPLEX optimization library to set up optimization problems
- Consult with product manager to understand and meet client requirements
- Implement automated developer testing using unit tests and acceptance tests
- Collaborate with QA to ensure highest quality standards are met
- Work independently with minimal supervision to build robust software
- Communicate status through Rally and through weekly status reports
- Strong mathematical background
- Deep understanding of linear programming
- Experience using CPLEX or other optimization packages such as Excel Solver and Matlab Optimization toolbox
- Strong C++ development skills (preferably unmanaged C++)
- Database development experience (preferably SQL server)
- Self-starter capable of working independently
Email resume in Word to TheBigGameHunter@cisny.com. Please include the job code for the position with your resume.
- Experience with Java Swing
- J2EE, Spring, JBoss, JMS experience
- C# development experience
- Experience with Agile development(Rally a plus)
- Experience building client/server applications
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics or related field
NO RELOCATION. NO VISA TRANSFERS. NO OVERSEAS RESUMES. NO 3RD PARTIES.
To receive a complimentary subscription to my job search ezine, No B.S. Job Search Advice, go to www.JeffAltman.com to subscribe.
Receive tweets from Twitter with job search tips and job listings – TheBigGameHuntr
Concepts in Staffing - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -