C6 Program Manager
Kern Community College District
Under direction of the Dean of Nursing/Allied Health at Bakersfield College, the C6 Program Manager is responsible for managing grant activities, personnel budgets, and the performance and financial reporting required to validate program effectiveness.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Management employees earn 24 vacation days per year, 12 sick leave days per year, and receive 13 paid holidays. The District pays a 10.923% contribution to the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Income protection is provided by the District after the third year of employment.
Knowledge and Abilities
Examples of Duties:
• Direct the implementation of multiple project activities to meet or exceed grant expectations including accurate, regular reporting of required financial and performance measures to meet federal, state, and/or Kern Community College District regulations.
• Manage budgets to ensure compliance with regulations and/or directives from granting agencies and cooperative educational partners.
• Prepare and administer budget, control and authorize expenditures, approve invoices for payment, and respond to budget inquiries from college staff.
• Coordinate the release project information and outreach activities to familiarize students with the services and programs of the college.
• Develop C6-related partnerships with regional schools, business and industry, and serve as liaison with West Hills College and other C6 consortium colleges.
• Develop and implement methods to identify students who meet grant eligibility guidelines, assessing their needs and providing programming on the Bakersfield College campus to address those needs.
• Provide eligible students with information about academic opportunities, including but not limited to, research positions and internships on the Bakersfield College campus.
• Supervise the C6-Peer Mentor and Supplemental Instruction programs designed to assist students with degree completion.
• Implement a case management system to identify, track and support C6 program student progress.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• College application and enrollment procedures.
• Student services available at the college.
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Principals and procedures of financial record-keeping and reporting.
• Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations related to the grant processes.
• Principles of public speaking.
• Record-keeping and report preparation methods.
• Principles of providing work direction and guidance to others.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Evaluate and implement project goals.
• Communicate information to individuals and groups.
• Interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the college and the grant project initiatives.
• Interact with and motivate others.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Prepare and administer budgets.
• Supervise and provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Collaborate with college personnel and key project staff to track program effectiveness based on evidenced based milestones for student success.
• Develop and facilitate orientations, seminars, and workshops designed to familiarize students, faculty, and staff with C6 activities and project goals.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Two (2) years of increasingly responsible project coordination experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00713
Posting Date: 03/06/2013
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $56,352.85 per year
Maximum Salary: $80,494.01 per year Maximum entry level is $62,440.84 annual
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Salary Grade E
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, March 28, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3382
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 12 months ago